Thursday, March 31, 2011

I heart DVF

I have a slight obsession with Diane von Furstenberg. It has been an ongoing fetish since I worked at Bloomingdales in college. I used to be able to buy her dresses on ridiculous discounts and was able to acquire quite the collection. The problem was I was so hooked by the time I left Bloomingdales and I haven't been able to resist her clothing since. The obsession of dresses turned into a strong love for all things she makes, blouses, sweaters, skirts, gorg jackets the list goes on and on.

The DVF stores in Singapore will send me a text whenever there are new arrivals or sales, and they're always bombarding our mailbox with enticing catalogs. I think Justin cringes every time I hear from them. DVF recently started making shoes, and they are everything I expected and more. I have been eyeing a few pairs but haven't found the reason, or cash, to purchase them...until yesterday!

I may have guilt tripped Justin into buying them for me since he is leaving me and Charlie for 5 days next week. I was half joking when I said you should buy me these for leaving me all on my own next week, and when he said OK I didn't ask twice and pressed the purchase button on my all time fave website shopbop.com (my online shopping problem on said shopbop.com is a whole other blog entry). So how I persuaded my husband into letting me buy these shoes is neither here nor there, the point is they are all mine and will be arriving in 1-3 days. Now I just need somewhere fabulous to wear them.

Introducing the newest addition to my DVF collection, check out these bad boys. OBSESSED.

No comments:

Post a Comment