Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Justin!

Saturday was Justin's birthday. We started the day out with presents! My parents got him a diaper man bag! He was pretty happy with this because he has already been refusing to hold my timi & leslie diaper bag.
Charlie and I got daddy a new cooler, some nice beer glasses and some new shoes that he has been eyeing. I told Justin that morning I had another present for him later that day. It was so nice out so we all decided to stroll down to the pool. We relaxed down there for about an hour. Justin and my mom swam, while Charlie and I hung out in the shade.
Don't bother me mom, I'm sleeping!
Feeding Charlie poolsideOur all time favorite face of Charlie's, post feeding coma!In the afternoon we met up with Michael and Katherine for lunch along the river. Charlie was so well behaved for the majority of the day, we really got to enjoy our day out.Katherine and CharlieThat night, unknown to Justin, I had arranged for a boys night out for him. In the UK they have this thing called "wetting the baby's head" where the dad's celebrate their new baby with the boys down at the pub. Justin has been talking about this night out since we found out I was pregnant. Since he was obviously looking forward to this celebration I thought his birthday would be a perfect night for him to go out to celebrate not only his birthday but also Charlie's arrival. I was able to organize, with the help of Justin's business partner Paul, for 15 guys to surprise Justin for his big night out. I lied to Justin and said we were meeting friends for a drink before my mom, Charlie and I were going to take him to dinner. We walked to a nearby restaurant to meet these "friends" for a drink, and as we walked up Justin saw a big table with his 15 friends clapping and cheering. Justin was so shocked. So much so that I wasn't sure if he was even excited about it. After saying hi to everyone he pulled me to the side and was like what is going on? I said "This is my last present to you. You have the night off, enjoy!" He had a big grin on his face, gave me a kiss and I left the boys to it! I had such a big smile on my face walking home that I was actually able to pull this night off with no one spilling the beans to him! They had a really fun night out, and even though I am not sure if Justin likes surprises he was really thankful I arranged it for him. I love spoiling Justin, and this was a really fun birthday to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment