Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Maple Almond Butter

Recently I have been eating a lot of almond butter. Its like peanut butter, but made with almonds. I saw on another blog that she made her own almond butter from scratch. I loved this idea, especially because you can control what goes in it. Today I made maple cinnamon almond butter and it was delicious!! It takes awhile to really ground the almonds in a food processor but it was worth the wait in the end.

I baked a little over a cup of raw almonds in the oven with 1 1/2 tbsp of organic pure maple syrup at 325 for 15 minutes, stirring frequently so the almonds didn't stick and burn. After that I allowed them to cool for about 7 to 10 minutes. The almonds eaten just like this would be a treat in and of itself really.

Then I put the almonds, a little more maple, cinnamon and salt into my food processor. To get to a smooth consistency it took about 15 mins , and was super noisy in the beginning and you need to scrap the bowl a few times during the process. It goes from ground almonds to chunks to creamy. I ate it on an english muffin for breakfast and it was so good. I have lots of extra and have already gone back for a few tastes today!

p.s. I dropped my camera and can no longer see through the screen when I take photos so sorry some of these are not centered, I tried my best!!! I need a new camera asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment