Friday, June 11, 2010

Cuzza, cuzza!!!!

Dus loves curry!! LOVES! When we first met I used to tell him I thought curry was gross, but I had actually never tried it. After he convinced me to taste curry, I have to say I fell in love as well. Little known fact about me I love anything and everything spicy, the spicier the better. And, I love sauce. Yep, that's right sauce. Whether that means a friendly condiment to accompany a sandwich, dips or a saucy curry I can't get enough of "sauce". When Justin is feeling like a curry he will usually chant "Cuzza, cuzza" to give his lovely wife the hint of what to make for dinner. When we lived in New York, we used to call Monday nights Monday night cuzza instead of Monday night football to make sure he got his weekly fix of curry. Anyways, this week was a CUZZA filled week. I made two back to back dinners that were curry inspired. Super delicious, super easy and a must try! First night was chicken curry pitas. I found this recipe on cookinglight.com. All you do is mix grilled chopped chicken, plain yogurt, curry powder, curry paste, spring onions and raisins. Put the mix into a pita with a little lettuce and tomatoes. So tasty, and seriously takes less that 15 minutes if you are having to cook the chicken. I opted out of the pita that night and served it over rocket. Delicious.The second night was a Thai fish curry. And since we just came from Thailand, I can tell you it is as good as any curry we had there. I don't normally toot my horn when it comes to my cooking, but seriously this deserved a toot toot. And since my husband is a cuzza connoisseur and LOVED this also it a must try. This recipe is a little more complicated than the one above, so instead of listing everything just click here to get the full recipe. I used half the amount of coconut milk that was requested and added a little water in the recipe to save on calories and don't think it hurt the taste at all. I also added fresh chopped chili since the yellow curry paste I bought was mild. I served it with steamed jasmine rice and steamed Chinese baby kai lan. YUMMYThis has nothing to do with cuzza, but this morning while heading out for a bike ride a little baby lizard ran into our apartment. Look at how small he is!! We captured him and put him in a garden outside.World cup starts this weekend, and I bet you are not as excited as my husband. The England game starts at 2:30am our time Sunday morning, and we will be out in full force to support. I probably should be supporting the American team, but since I don't really care about football (aka soccer) I am jumping on the England bandwagon. Have a good weekend :) xoxo

3 comments:

  1. WHAT! I am here in England and I am stilling planning to cheer for team USA. Traitor! Wish you would come to England so I could see you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only Joking! I could care less about football as well. But I still plan on winding up people up if USA wins...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just as there's only 2 positions for a light switch, UP or DOWN,
    the 'on' position is pointing skyward...
    while the 'off' position is pointing toward our demise, to the whorizontal; so only 2 eternities...
    and 1 of em aint too cool.

    Many analogies we might surmise
    of that proposition... yet,
    only 1 belief in the King of Hearts
    who gives U.S. His Magnificent Light.
    If that's too difficult 4u2c,
    here's what I suggest:
    I suggest you getta pair of GodSpex
    from the Divine Physician, mortal.
    God bless your indelible soul.
    Yes, earthling, I was an NDE...

    ReplyDelete