Friday, June 25, 2010

Engagement Photos



Today I picked up some canvas prints of our engagement photos. I have had credit with my photographer to order these for quite some time but just got around to ordering them about a month ago!

Looking at the pictures makes me laugh about what a day our engagement shoot was, it was anything but glamorous!! The day starting out with a normal Cessna melt down while getting ready. Growing up my sister and I were known to have complete panic attacks about what to wear to school and having our hair done badly before dances, you know the typical crises that teenage girls face. For the engagement shoot my photographer recommended a makeup artist to do my hair and makeup. She was reasonably priced, and since I don't normally wear a lot of makeup I thought it would be a nice treat so I gave her a try. Big mistake!!! Literally, I looked like a clown. I guess it was partially my fault because I just said to her that I liked natural makeup, which I guess can be interpreted differently by different people, especially different cultures. I looked in the mirror when she finished with the makeup and I had pink and purple eyeshadow and bright pink lipstick. I died! Without trying to offend her too much I made her start over. Long story short it turned out fine in the end and I learned a valuable lesson for my wedding day of how specific you need to be when having hair or makeup done by someone else.

Justin and I met the photographer in the afternoon at a park called Fort Canning, which is beautiful but SO humid. Right away we were sweating bullets. Then we start taking photos and Justin gets nervous! If you know Justin you know he usually prefers to take funny photos where he is making some type of face, and is hardly ever serious around a camera. When we first met it was so annoying when I would try to show my friends pictures of the guy I had a crush on and in every photo I would have to explain he doesn't really look like that, or he's just being silly again! In his defense he knows how much I love taking pictures and does give me good poses when I ask nowadays. Ok, back to the story, you could tell right away Justin just didn't feel comfortable. We didn't know our photographer very well at that point and it is kind of a weird situation to try to smile or gaze at each other while a stranger snaps away. After about a half hour we both loosened up and started feeling more comfortable in the different poses, but then it started to rain! We made the best of the situation, and of our clothes getting wet, and finished the shoot under cover. In the end the photos turned out great but the day was just one disaster after another. Originally we had a guest book made with our engagement photos for our wedding as a fun way to keep notes from friends and family, but I'm glad we finally have prints to hang up as well. Can't wait to get them on the wall!!!We have a pretty relaxed weekend ahead of us which I am looking forward to. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment