Saturday, September 18, 2010

Birthday Surprise

My 26th birthday was this past Thursday. It was great to have my Mom in town for it again, she was here last year for it as well. I worked in the morning, then Justin, my Mom and I went to lunch at my favorite Japanese place Sushi Tei. After lunch I had my monthly appointment to see my doctor, it happened to fall on my birthday, the 16th of September, and it was also the start of my 16th week of pregnancy. Last time we saw the doctor she said that we would most likely be able to find out the sex of the baby on this visit. We told her before the scan that we did want to know the sex, but not in the office. We wanted her to write it down so we could open it later. Sure enough little baby Nicolson was moving around giving great positions for her to see the goods. She wrote down the sex and sealed it in an envelope. We had decided to open it with my sister while on skype that night.
The three of us went out to dinner to my favorite Italian restaurant Oso before the big reveal.Once we finished we were all in a rush to get home in anticipation of finding out the big news. After a few technical difficulties we got my sister on skype and Justin opened the envelope, with the biggest smile he could possibly have, he announced it was a BOY! After lots of shouting and excitement we hugged and soaked up the fact that we are going to have a son. I hope he pops out exactly like Justin in every way possible. :)
I bought our first few outfits for baby Nicolson the next day. How cute our baby clothes?! You can go crazy. I will be needing to use restraint in the months to come.
Overall, it was a perfect birthday. I was spoiled with love, flowers, great gifts and the best surprise I could have wished for.

1 comment: