Friday, April 19, 2013

The Art of the Brick

This is an old post that should have been done 2 months ago, but better late then never! When my mom was still in town we took her to the Art and Science Museum when they were showcasing the Lego exhibit called The Art of the Brick. An artist named Nathan had an obsession for Lego's from a young age and as an adult decided to make it a career by designing these elaborate sculptures from Lego's.  It was SO impressive to see the things he came up with.  My favorite was this life size dinosaur skeleton that took him an entire summer to create.  It was great for Charlie also because there was lots of interactive parts that he could get involved with.  We went during the week so it was pretty quiet, except for one group of school students that were there. I would highly recommend going if it comes near you!  

I can't believe I was 6 weeks or so pregnant here.  It seems like ages ago!

 Pretty impressive shadow hand puppet by moi if I do say so myself!






 Charlie attempting a shadow hand puppet, pretty comical.

 Lego reflexology at the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment