Monday, February 11, 2013

School

Charlie started "school" in January.  I think in the US we would consider it nursery, I hate using the word daycare because I think it has a bad connotation, but it is something along those lines. We are calling it school! He goes two days a week for 3 hours.  He goes on the days that I work, we do have a live in maid but we really thought it was better for Charlie to be out and socializing instead of staying home with her those days.  The teachers are both British and it is only for children ages 2 and 3, so a very specialized age group. They consider themselves a green school and believe kids excel in an outdoor environment, so they have a huge garden that they spend lots of time in.  They teach the kids about recycling and gardening.  They do loads of crafts, Charlie loves to paint.  I seriously get at least 3 paintings every day I pick him up, I don't really know what to do with them all? The first few weeks that Charlie went he was pretty sad when I left him, the first day was the worst.  But now he seems to get excited when we arrive and he is always so happy when I pick him up and he always gets a good report from the teachers. The best part is he brings this back pack to school with him.  So cute!
 And a few other pics from that day.



No comments:

Post a Comment