Tuesday, September 4, 2012

California

Charlie and I flew to California last Thursday.  It was the first flight we have done alone together.  I was a little nervous, more of how I would handle all the luggage, stroller and Charlie at the same time, not so much about the flight.  The flight itself went pretty smooth.  Charlie had two short meltdowns from being over tired, but it really was pretty easy besides that.  We had enough points to fly business and it was a direct flight, we both had seats so we had plenty of room and were very comfortable.  In fact I was even able to watch a movie while Charlie watched his favorite movie Cars on my iPad.  Once we got to LA, people helped me with everything from a lady holding my bag through customs, then a porter helping me with all my luggage.  So it was a very easy travel experience.  Singapore Airlines is fantastic, especially with kids!

 
The reason we are in town is for my girlfriend Amy's bachelorette party this weekend and her wedding which is the first weekend of October.  We figured it was easiest to just stay through September instead of coming out twice.  Unfortunately, Charlie fell very ill on Friday night.  It was a lot of the same symptoms he had last time he was sick.  He was struggling to breathe and coughing a lot.  I was supposed to leave Saturday for the bachelorette party, but obviously couldn't leave Charlie.  He ended up coughing so hard he was throwing up, and by the time we saw the doctor he was in really bad shape and just exhausted.  They gave him a breathing treatment in the office and two steroid shots in the thighs.  They also saw he has an ear infection in one ear and fluids in the other as well as this chest infection.  For the next 24 hours we slept very little.  He was in all sorts of pain and discomfort and was still having issues breathing.  I bought a nebulizer and he has to do breathing treatments every 4 hours.  He is also on antibiotics and steroids.  Sunday night I saw some improvement, and this morning was the first time he had his personality back.  Seeing my baby in so much discomfort is agonizing.  I probably had 5 hours sleep in 48 hours, and was just a wreak.  Thankfully we all slept better last night.  We see the doctor again tomorrow, and hopefully they have a positive report to give us.

Here is Charlie at the doctors office.  He finally passed out in my arms, he couldn't fall asleep because he kept waking up from coughing but was so exhausted.  I was so relived to see him sleep.

This was Charlie in bed with me this morning.  Obviously feeling much better.  Seeing him smile again makes me so happy.  I love him so much. Hopefully this is all over soon.

Another reason it is nice to be in town this month is my sister is due any day now really.  We can't wait to meet our niece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment