Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies = Heaven

I found this cookie recipe on carrots 'n' cake blog, click here to see her post on it. The cookies have no eggs, no sugar and have my favorite ingredient flax seeds! They definitely taste like a healthier cookie but in a good way!

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes approximately 25 cookies
Ingredients:
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
1/4 cup agave nectar (or honey)
1/4 cup soy milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp canola oil
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
Pinch of salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350*F.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well until batter is blended evenly.
Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes


I followed the recipe pretty precisely, except that once I start mixing the ingredients I realized I was out of agave. I wanted to make this recipe because it had no sugar, but out of fear that they would not be sweet enough I put a tablespoon of brown sugar in. I didn't see the option to substitute honey instead. But, with the sweetness of the banana and the chocolate chips I am not sure if agave is necessary, or at least not that much. Also, this recipe made about 12 cookies for me not 25. I think I made my cookies a little big and let's be honest I also ate some batter. These will be making an appearance again soon!

2 comments:

  1. ha sissy you are a cute batter eater. that was funny. i want to make this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lets make them together when i am home!

    ReplyDelete