Thursday, March 4, 2010

Febuary 2010

February was a busy busy month for us. Saying that, life has been unusually busy for us since our wedding. I can't believe we are coming up to almost 6 months in April!! Crazy. I guess time flies when you're having fun.

The first weekend of February we took a mini vacation to an island in Malaysia called Langkawi. It was only an hour flight from us in Singapore and it was like we landed in paradise. We have traveled a ton in the past few months but this felt like our first "vacation" since our honeymoon. Our last few trips have been to visit family and friends, which is always great but not always relaxing. And relaxing is exactly what Langkawi was all about. Look at these views from the hotel restaurant!!

We mostly did things like this... laying out, reading, sleeping, eating and drinking!

But we also went diving! It was my first time diving, I have snorkeled a million times before and wasn't sure if I would like diving but I had the best time!! I have a slight fear of sharks to put it mildly, but was so calm under the water. We did two dives, the second dive we did was 40 mins long. We saw amazing white and purple coral and some crazy looking fish. I wasn't prepared with an under water camera, but next time we dive I will be sure to bring one. Here is Justin before our second dive.
We also managed to do some sightseeing. We took a cable car to the top of the highest point in Langkawi where they had built a viewing point and suspension bridge. I am not afraid of heights normally but my stomach was doing flips up there! Such amazing views though.



Since traveling in South East Asia I have become a lover of monkeys and elephants! Monkeys cruise all around resorts like this in Langkawi. Ever time I see a monkey run past I still get as excited as the first time I saw a wild monkey. Here are pics of one at the pool and one on our balcony.


Our last dinner there, such a great weekend!! Love traveling with Justin.

Valentines day was the next weekend. Let's just say Justin is not a "valentiney" person, never has been never will be. We made a tradition a few years ago that Justin would cook for me on Valentines day. He is an amazing cook, but with a stressful and busy job I usually am the one that cooks. (just on a side note I LOVE to cook and Justin does help clean and is always on dish duty so I am not complaining by any means) This tradition started after going to a restaurant on Vday while we were living in New York, it was a set menu that was way over priced and not only did we have to wait SO long in between each dish but none of it was good! So we vowed to never waste our money doing that again. As a special treat Justin now makes dinner at home on Valentines day. And I am not talking about any old dinner here, it's a full blown meal, champagne, wine the works. This year he made a starter of spinach and goat cheese risotto, followed by spicy sausage baked with wine, tomatoes and herbs served over grilled bread. Even though he thinks this "holiday" is a silly hallmark money making day, I look forward to his meals every year.

Here is Justin preparing the risotto, he hadn't made this in awhile and forgot how time consuming it can be!And below is the table set on our balcony, me enjoying the risotto (YUMMY) and the sausage.

And us after dinner, a little tipsy. :)
The last weekend of Feb we bought bikes!!! We have been wanting bikes for so long. We moved into a new apartment last summer and now live right along the river in Singapore. There are so many places we will be able to explore by bike that was too far to travel to by foot. We don't own a car so we thoroughly enjoyed our first weekend of cruising around from place to place on our new rides.


All in all, a great month. I promise my following posts will not be so long! Will try to post and update regularly, that is now in ink so feel free to hold me to it ;). Enjoy!!!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment