Wednesday, June 6, 2012

New York New York!

Justin and I have been talking about going back to New York for years!  It has been 5 years since we left NY for Singapore.  I have been back once on a girls trip, but we could not wait to go back together.  New York is special to us for so many reasons.  After Justin and I rekindled our love in Italy a year after I studied abroad, our first trip together was to New York because it was middle ground between California to Italy.  It was actually Justin's very first trip to the US.  Can you believe that?  He actually said he never thought it was worth visiting, until he met me of course.  Our trip there was for 5 days and was an absolutely uber super romantic trip.  He even asked me to be his girlfriend there.  We lived it up to the max, and to say the least Justin was blown away by the city.  A year later he moved there, and a year after that I moved there and that was the first city we lived in together after 2 years of long distance dating.  We only lived there for one year together before moving to Singapore, but have so many fond memories.

We never have itineraries on vacations.  We just like to relax and play things by ear, but we had a serious plan on the trip.  We had things planned every day, and even though we missed some things we really did everything we wanted to do.  And there was SO much we wanted to do during our 4 nights there.  Most of those "things" were visiting our favorite restaurants, it was a very indulgent few days.  We also caught up with old and new friends, shopped our brains out and ate and drank our way through the city day and night.  There was also a few star sightings, the most memorable being meeting Diane von Furstenberg herself in her own store!  Truly a moment I will never forget, and I am still kicking myself for not asking for a picture with her.  Those that know me well know that I love her and her clothes (handbags and shoes etc etc) so much and was just star struck when seeing her. It was a very successful, eventful and enjoyable few days.















No comments:

Post a Comment