Tuesday, May 18, 2010

This is a post of random photos of last weekend. We both worked a ton last week and had a pretty mellow afternoon Saturday after I got off work. We went out to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Iguana's, and after a tequila shot and margarita each we went to watch the FA cup final at a local bar named Harry's. One of Justin's best friends, who is also one of my best friend's boyfriend, is named Gary but we call him Harry. So we always laugh when we go to Harry's bar. Clearly it doesn't take much to humor us. We walked everywhere that night and I wore jeans which is a cardinal sin in this heat. I also wore new heels that were killing me, double whammy. Here's pics of us at Harry's and my adorable but dreadfully hot and uncomfortable outfit.Sunday we went on a 3 hour bike ride. Justin is obsessed with pumping up his tires and oiling his bike before we go on long rides. It cracks me up, he acts like he's a professional rider. So I had to take a pic. And one of the patient wife waiting during his tune up!
It was a beautiful day, with a slight breeze which was nice but I forgot sunscreen and got sunburned :(. We stopped for lunch in an area called Dempsey Hill. I love going up there because all the restaurants and cafes remind me of the US. That was about it for our eventful weekend.

OMG - I just remembered this story as I was uploading the pics to the blog. So on the bike ride Justin was ahead of me and came to a really fast stop. He kept pointing at the sidewalk in front of him and when I caught up to him I saw there was a HUGE Komodo dragon in front of us. Ok that's an exaggeration, but this lizard was the size of half my leg and was walking really fast. It ended up jumping in the bushes but we were both in shock at the size! Never seen anything that size outside of a zoo! We rushed to get a photo, but it wasn't the best shot since that thing was on the move.We are going away on Thursday to an island in Malaysia called Borneo with our friends Chris and Susie who live in Hong Kong. They have a friend who is letting us use their villa in a city called Kota Kinabalu. Its only about an hour flight away, and it is a popular city because it has the 3rd largest mountain in South East Asia there called Mount Kinabalu. We are looking forward to a fun weekend of hiking, laying out and cooking! Here are some pics of the location, and I'll post my own photos when we are back next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment