Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Stressful

My sister loves to joke about how "stressful" my life is. Let's be honest, my life is basically the furthest thing from stressful. Today was one of those "stress" filled days, and due to my current boredom of waiting for my dinner to cook I thought I would share.

I started off the day with a great gym class of total body toning. I am on a serious health kick for the next 3 weeks to prepare for our sailing trip at the end of the month. I figured I should make an extra effort since I will be spending a week in not much more than a bikini. I bought a bathing suit a month ago without trying it on and the bottoms were just a little tight, it is super cute and I want to wear it so I am using the fit of that suit as my inspiration for the trip.

Second stressful thing of the day was deciding between threading or waxing! I know it sounds tough. I went in for my monthly maintenance on my eyebrows and upper lip, I always wax but I didn't make an appointment today and when my waxing place was booked I was faced with the dilemma of waiting till tomorrow to get waxed or try the lady that does threading instead. I have heard about threading but have never tried it and since I work all day tomorrow I thought no better time than now to give it a try!Well I have to say I am not convinced! It was pretty painful. I know waxing isn't pleasant, but at least its all over with in one fell swoop. Threading consists of a lady rubbing two pieces of actual thread together and pulling out your hair one little section at a time. Ouch! I think I will wait for my wax appointment next month.

In other daily breaking news, I got a hair cut. I cut a whole 5 inches off and I have to say I couldn't be happier. I love long hair, but my hair sucks in Singapore. I can't go 10 minutes outside without sweating up a storm and then my hair frizzes. If I straighten it, it goes curly. If I curl it, its gets stringy. I reiterate, life is clearly very stressful with such obstacles to face on a daily basis. Post hair cut my hair feels so healthy, so much lighter and I swear I wasn't as hot walking home with my new do. I am not one to take solo photos but thought I'd share a pic.I wore my new Theory dress today that I bought in the US and just think it is adorable, so while I was posing for my solo shot I got a pic of that to share as well but not so sure that angle is doing it or me any justice.This stressful day is going to be finished off with watching the first episode of the new season of Real Housewives of New Jersey before my husband gets home (judge all you want, I love that show!), then dinner and bed.
Life is tough, but someone's got to do it ;) xo

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love this post Christina. Now can I come visit Singapore and live a day in the life. Miss you x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um you can come visit anytime woman!! i think sam is coming for new years, you free? ha, but seriously? ;)

    ReplyDelete