Tuesday, September 3, 2013

New York, New York

I LOVE New York.  Actually, after this trip I think I need to live there again.  While I was in California, my brother and I decided to escape to New York for a quick weekend trip.  It was nice to catch up with him one on one all weekend since we haven't seen each other in so long with him being away at college and me not being home last Christmas.  We stayed at my favorite hotel, The Standard, down in the Meat Packing district.  My good friend Lacey lives there too so we had a fun filled weekend filled with plenty of yummy food and booze!

We started the trip right, with some skinny girl margaritas at the airport.
We took a red eye flight and landed around 5am in New York.  Our hotel wouldn't give us a room till noon so we walked the streets for hours.  It actually was a nice time to walk around the city, kind of the quiet before the storm of the day starting.

We took a break in Times Square.



 And then in Central Park.  
Finally we checked into our room after breakfast with Lacey.  We had a great view of downtown and the Hudson River.

 The Standard has a rooftop bar that was serving these grapefruit frozen gimlets.  Let me tell you these things were AMAZING! I woke up wanting one the next day. It tasted like summer.




 Our first night we had dinner at Joseph Leonard where Lacey works.  It was SO yummy.

This pasta was out of this world, truffle, corn and parmesan.

Our second night at the Boom Boom room for pre dinner cocktails.



Then dinner at La Esquina.  My favorite Mexican place that serves this amazing corn! 


 Our last day we walked the High Line and had a nice brunch with Lacey and her boyfriend.  What a fabulous trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment