Monday, August 27, 2012

Ireland

I did the quickest trip to Europe yet! Our friends Imdaad and Claudia who Justin has known forever were getting married in Ireland.  Justin and I left Wednesday morning for London.  We were able to stay at my in-laws for the night.  It was nice to see them, even if it was so brief!  We can't wait to go back for Christmas.  The next morning at 6am we left for the airport again and flew to Dublin.  Our friends the Gilmore's were staying there for the month of August to escape the heat in Dubai where they live so we were able to meet them for lunch and a few pub drinks before heading to the wedding.  I tried my first real Irish Guinness with them, I have to say it was pretty good.  It was so lovely to catch up with them even though, again, it was so brief.  Laura is due in November and it was so fun to get to finally see her belly in person!
 
That afternoon we took a train to a town called Durrow where we stayed at Castle Durrow.  We crashed out Thursday night, but Friday were able to walk around the grounds.  It was a beautiful venue.  It was a little chilly, especially for me since I can not handle cold weather any more.  The wedding was that afternoon which was so fun.  A friend of Justin's that he lived with in Italy when he first studied there for school was at the wedding.  It was great to meet him and they loved catching up and reminiscing about old times.  Claudia the bride looked stunning and overall it was a fantastic day. 


















The next morning we left again taking the train back to Dublin, then a flight to London.  Justin and I parted ways there.  He has some business this week all over Europe, so I flew home by myself Saturday night.  Thankfully I was able to sleep and was happily reunited with my handsome little boy by Sunday afternoon. I'm exhausted just thinking about all that traveling!


1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed your pint of Guinness - makes me so happy :) Looks like an amazing trip!!

    ReplyDelete