Saturday, January 7, 2012

Paso Robles

The week in between Christmas and New Years we went to Paso Robles with Sam and Michael. Paso Robles is where my great grandma Mommer lives. She is now in a home, but has lived there for many many years. She is now 98!! Incredible. It is a long drive there, almost 5 hours, so we did some wine tasting and stayed at the Justin winery for the night. Justin vineyards is very special to our family. The day Justin asked my dad for my hand in marriage we went wine tasting at Justin vineyard. It was a similar trip with my parents to visit Mommer and I picked the Justin vineyard to taste at just because of the name! Not too long after, my sister and Michael went to Justin with my parents and that is actually where Michael proposed to my sister. So we all love the wine and obviously the special memories that we have there. We have never stayed over night there though and it really was a special night. We stayed in a huge townhouse type room, it was two stories with a full kitchen and dining room. We were located on a private part of the property so no one else was around and we over looked the barrel caves and the vineyard. We had dinner in their restaurant which was absolutely superb, it came with wine pairings of all Justin wines of course. So fun, loved it.

Mommer still has her spunky personality, but is definitely showing her age. It was hard for me to see her lose her train of thought and struggle to find certain words, but she still makes us laugh and she still loves seeing handsome men!
Dinner at JustinThe spot where Michael proposed. Romance.Such a lovely property.

No comments:

Post a Comment