Monday, August 29, 2011

Date Night

I just downloaded pictures from my camera and came across these fun pics from a date night in London. It was so nice over the summer to take advantage of being with our parents and to go out at night once Charlie was asleep. It is so important to maintain a good relationship with Justin, and sneaking alone time with him is so valuable to me.

We recently hired a live in maid here for just that purpose! It is the norm here in Singapore to have help, everyone does it. Having someone live in our home was a big decision to make, especially because we are such homebodies. But after talking to everyone I know in Singapore (and friends who reside in other countries where help is the norm), the benefits of having a live in maid far out weigh the cons. In fact depending on who you speak with, some people struggle to find a bad thing to say about it! The biggest deciding factor for me on hiring our maid was how friends of ours have said it has extremely improved their relationship. Since we are so far from any family support here, I am really looking forward to having the flexibility to go on date nights, movie nights, and to just have the option to have a spontaneous night out with Justin.

I am looking forward to more nights like this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment