Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Half marathon.....err 10k

So, the half marathon that I signed up for when I was 7 months pregnant was last weekend. However, I have not been able to keep up with training like I should have. My last half marathon I did not train either, and just did one 10 mile run before the race and I was fine. But.....I didn't just have a baby then! I did a long run last week while Justin biked with me and nearly died after about 8 miles. I knew that 13 miles was going to be impossible to run. After debating if I should run/walk the half marathon I just decided to call the race officials and ask if I could change my bib number to run the 10k (6.2 miles) instead. They said yes, and I instantly felt relief. I would way rather run the 10k then take forever to complete the half marathon. I ended up doing my best 10k time yet, running a little under 9 minutes a mile. I felt AMAZING after the run! I saw Justin and Charlie cheering for me at the 9k mark and I seriously sprinted the rest of the way, it was such a buzz.So crazy that Charlie was in my belly only 4 months ago!!Lesson learned, next time I sign up for a half I NEED to train.

No comments:

Post a Comment