Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday

I started off the day trying to be Suzie homemaker. Justin loves hot cross buns and I decided I would make them from scratch this year instead of buying them. I had never heard of hot cross buns before Justin, this is Wikipedia's definition if you don't know what they are either - A hot cross bun, or cross-bun, is a sweet, yeast-leavened, spiced bun made with currants or raisins, often with candied citrus fruits,marked with a cross on the top. The cross can be made in a variety of ways including: of pastry; flour and water mixture; rice paper; icing; two intersecting cuts. They are traditionally eaten at Easter but in the UK they are now sold all year round.

So my attempt at making these was an absolute disaster. That doesn't happen to me often nowadays, in fact I can't remember the last time I baked something that was inedible but I did it today. I probably wouldn't have cared that much, if it hadn't taken me about 4 hours to make!! So the start of Easter was a big fat fail.

In the afternoon we went over to our friends for a BBQ. Charlie was awake the whole time, and it was a very nice relaxing Sunday.
Michael and Katherine adore Charlie. It is so cute watching them with him.
Our first Easter as a family!

It's hard to imagine next Easter Charlie will be walking!! Ahh, I don't even like thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment