Saturday, December 4, 2010

Grandma

My dear grandma, my dad's mom, has recently moved in to a "retirement community". It is basically a beautiful apartment complex with all senior citizens, and they provide tons of activities, food, a gym, an ice cream parlor, a salon, etc all on the premises. Before moving in, and even a short while after being there, she was hesitant if this was the right move for her. For most people her age the idea of moving into a much smaller space, with all new people is a little bit scary. And I think she felt like she was giving up a lot to move there, but it has absolutely been the most fabulous thing she has done for herself in years. She is always busy with different friends and activities now, she is either doing knitting class or organizing the library because she is the main librarian now. But the best part is she met a man! That's right, my 85 year old grandmother has been courted by a handsome 87 year old gentleman and I am so happy to announce that they are now engaged!! ENGAGED! My grandma! It melts my heart.
She is like a 20 year old girl she says, she is just smitten and is absolutely spoiled by her fiance. They are planning on getting married soon, possibly February, because lets face it who needs a long engagement at their age. I unfortunately will miss the wedding because I will be 9 months pregnant but could not be more overjoyed for her. Check out the bling :)Way to go Grams!! She more than deserves all of this!! Love and happiness is truly possible at any age. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment