Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Baby/Mommy Update

So I am a little over 7 months now, 29.5 weeks. We had a check up with my doctor on Monday and little baby Nicolson is a "good size" baby she said. He is already 3 pounds. She has predicted that if he continues growing at the normal rate he will be around 8 pounds at birth (fingers crossed no more than that!). I was cleared to travel for the holidays as well. She said I shouldn't travel after mid January so Justin and I might squeeze in a last minute mini vacation after we are back from London next year.

We also started prenatal classes a few weeks ago. There are 5 sessions in total and they cover coping with labor, the delivery in detail, breast feeding and some information on how to care for the baby once you are home. So far I think they have been pretty informative. I have definitely learned some new things and been able to ask some questions I have been curious about. They suggested in the classes to tour your hospital before the birth, so Justin and I also did that this week. I think that was one of my first real anxiety moments. Seeing the birthing room and the stirrups for your feet and all the equipment kinda freaked me out a little. I am not good in doctor type environments, so I guess it was good exposure to what I will have to deal with. It really hit home though that there is only one way this baby is coming out of me, and that is pretty overwhelming! The maternity ward suites were ok, nothing spectacular though. I don't know what I was expecting, but they definitely aren't very nice. In Singapore, they recommend you stay in the hospital for 3 days after the birth. I am sure it is nice to stay a little longer after the birth, but I could see me wanting to get back home sooner than that.

We still have not bought a crib or set up the nursery. I plan to do all that in January. We do have the big things purchased, like the stroller and car seat. His wardrobe is also expanding nicely, but I still feel like we have so much more to get. My work load is cutting back in January so I will have plenty of time to get everything ready. I will stop work at 36 weeks (end of January), at least I will stop teaching classes at that point. I may continue on with private clients for a few weeks depending on how I feel.

We leave on Monday for Dubai. I have never been and am really looking forward to going, I also can't wait to see a few of our great friends who live there. On Wednesday we head to London for Christmas with Justin's parents. We are going to do a little road trip with them between Christmas and New Years as well, and then have a low key New Year's eve in London. Hopefully my swelling will stay at a minimum during our travels. My wedding ring is already getting too tight to wear all the time. Oh the joys of pregnancy!

That is about all I have to share for my update!! Have a good weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment