Sunday, May 12, 2013

Turtle farm, shopping and a night out!

Saturday was packed full of activities.  After Charlie's swim lesson we headed to a turtle farm.  The setting was really beautiful in the middle of Jurong Lake.  The farm itself was not the most impressive thing we have ever been to, but Charlie loved seeing all the different turtles.  Some were in cages or blocked in an area but there were tons out and about also.  I almost stepped on one that I swear started growling at me.  I think he was coughing something up or clearing his throat, but it was SO loud coming from a turtle.  It scared me to death, however Charlie wasn't phased by it and started growling back. Justin and I both discussed how much things have changed since having a kid and the things we do on our weekends now to entertain Charlie. We never pictured spending our weekends searching out places like this!

Charlie checking out the boats on the bridge over to the turtles. He is currently obsessed with boats.
We took Charlie home for a nap and Justin decided to take me for an impromptu shopping trip for an early Mother's Day present.  We went straight to DVF (obviously) and Justin spoiled me with a few fun tops.  One of which I requested a night out just to wear it! 

  

We came home to swim for a bit with Charlie and then headed out for a date night.  We went for a few drinks on top of the Marina Bay Sands hotel at Ku De Ta.  After that we headed to Cut, which is one of Wolfgang Puck's restaurants also at Marina Bay.  We sat at the bar and shared a few starters and a main.  It was seriously delicious.  We will definitely be going back soon.

At Ku De Ta

 Justin's cousin Stuart who lives in Hong Kong is building the new indoor stadium here in Singapore.  We got to see such a great view of the progress from the top of Marina Bay Sands.
 A few pics from the restaurant (and of my cute top!) Thanks for a really fun night handsome. x


No comments:

Post a Comment