Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Absolute Sanctuary

I had my first girls weekend away since having Charlie this past weekend. It was GLORIOUS! Three of us left our little fellas and hubby's behind and took off to Ko Samui, Thailand late Thursday night. Now this was not a girls gone wild weekend, it was actually a detox weekend! We figured it was something our husbands would never do and jumped at the chance. We all had our own rooms with big balconies. We did yoga followed by massages every day! Part of the detox was we only ate raw food while we were there, which 90% of the time was very very tasty. We enjoyed several fruit/veggie drinks a day and just relaxed. I am talking about complete and utter relaxation. We sun bathed, swam, went to the beach, did some shopping and had loads of girl talk. It was by far the best thing I have done for myself in such a long time, I feel so rejuvenated. We are already talking about our next girls getaway. It is a must in the near future! Of course, I missed my boys and could not wait to see Charlie this morning. He was asleep when I got in last night. I swear he has changed in 4 days.

I didn't bring a camera, so only iPhone pics to post.
View from my roomPoolMy favorite RAW dish. Zucchini fettuccine with marinara. We got the recipe from the chef, I think Justin will love it too!
At the beach After a massage on the beach on our last morning thereReunited with Charlie boy this morning. LOVE him but it was oh so nice to have some time to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment