Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sport massage or beaten?

I am training for a half marathon in December. This last week my left hip has become very sore. It started by hurting after my run, then progressed to during the run and the last few days it it a dull pain all day whether I am walking, laying down, sitting etc, and a very bad pain when exercising. After seeking advice from my boot camp instructor, I visited Mr. Chow today for a sport massage. I knew going in this wasn't going to be an hour of relaxing like I prefer my massages, but I don't think I was prepared for the pain I was about to ensue. After telling Mr. Chow my problem, he began to forcefully massage me. I was grunting and clenching my teeth for 58 of the 60 minutes. I could tell throughout the massage he was making progress, he would move my leg into different positions and I could tell the pain in my hip was diminishing. At the end of the longest 60 minutes of my life, he warned me I may have bruises. I wasn't surprised with the force he was using, but I don't think I expected to look so bad. I basically look like I have been beaten to a bloody pulp or hit by a bus. I am walking without hip pain but I can barely walk due to the fact that my thigh and bum are so sore from Mr. Chow's perpetual and painful "massage" strokes. Did I seriously just pay someone to do this to me?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment