Monday, January 24, 2011

Busy Bees

We have been busy bees the past few weeks!! I made a major checklist of things to do before the little one arrives and we have been doing some major damage to check everything off. In the past week in a half we have bought a crib, dresser/changing table and a car we have moved all the furniture out of our office since it will now be the nursery and rearranged our guest room so it is now a guest room/office. I have washed all of the little ones clothes, blankets, burp cloths etc and bought all the little things that we were still missing. Besides putting the nursery together and decorating the room, the only real thing we have left to do is register at the hospital. Phew! What a good feeling it is to know we have little left to do but relax in the coming weeks. I am 35 weeks this week! I am still feeling great, I have tons of energy still, sleeping fine and still working out. Lets hope the next 5 weeks (give or take) stay just as pleasant. I will post pictures in a week or so once we sort the nursery out, I think it is going to turn out pretty cute.

I'll leave you with a delicious recipe. One of my first blog posts was about a cooking class that Justin and I took, and tonight we recreated the herb crusted pork escalope that we learned there. So delicious and super easy, the key is all the fresh herbs!

On a plate mix together a big handful of breadcrumbs (I usually make my own but we used a store bought brand tonight), a handful of freshly grated parmesan and freshly chopped rosemary, thyme, chervil and parsley. In a bowl mix together one egg and some milk. Take a boneless pork lion and slice into small pieces and pound into very thin strips. Salt and pepper the pork, dip in the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs so it is evenly covered and then cook in oil in a very hot pan. They shouldn't take more then a few minutes on each side, remove and let sit on a paper towel to drain excess oil. We served it with grilled asparagus and broccoli and we squeezed fresh lime juice from our lime tree over everything!



No comments:

Post a Comment