Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

This was my 4th Thanksgiving in Singapore and I have to say as much as I would have loved to celebrate with my family I really enjoy preparing the feast on my own. We had 7 people over for dinner, our biggest Thanksgiving yet, and it really was such a lovely evening. I made an apple pie for the first time from a recipe by Pioneer Woman, you MUST try it. It was a BIG hit. BIG! Click here for recipe.Turkey napkin rings!
The spread, yummy.
The pies!
The group.
I am very thankful we have made great friends here. I am thankful that my husband is always helpful, and left work and ran around the city at 5pm for me because I bought Japanese sweet potatoes instead of yams. I am thankful for our growing baby and that I am having a healthy, happy pregnancy. And, I am always thankful for my family and girlfriends. We are off on a road trip this morning after a few hours of work. We are headed to Malaysia to a place called Cameron Highlands. We are going to go strawberry picking, hiking in a moss forest and hopefully much much more.
Happy Thanksgiving. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment